Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Upromise


So my recent fascination of money-issue blogs lead me to the Upromise website today. I have to admit, I am very excited about Upromise. Who wouldn't be excited for free money to put towards my looming student loan? And after that's gone, my unborn child's college education. The best part is you can sign-up yourself as the beneficiary and then change it when a little one comes along that you would like to send to college one day.

All you do is register, pick which debit/credit cards you would like linked to your account and that's it! A percentage of your purchase (from 1% up to 25%) goes into your Upromise account. Free money! You can also invite friends and family to link their debit/credit cards to your account and then their purchases count too. There are tons of online shops that participate - Target.com, OldNavy.com, BestBuy.com - for example, places you shop everyday, and they even give special offers for shopping through Upromise. You just have to go to those sites through Upromise's Shop Online link or special toolbar that's available to download for free. You can also link your grocery and drugstore saver cards. I'm telling you - this is awesome.

What's the catch? I haven't found one yet and I can't wait to start saving from shopping!

No comments: